Saturday 11 April 2015

ERNEST HEMINGWAY

Near the end of last year, I had the idea to start a series of posts of quotes said by numerous great writers, poets or generally inspirational people. I am such a fan of quotes, but not the cheesy ones everyone knows, the ones that make you think, the ones that teach you something, that make me wonder about things I've never thought of before. Over the years, I've accumulated a Pinterest board full of quotes that I love, and every now and then when I'm in need of some hope, some inspiration or something to look forward to, in life in general, I'll have a little scroll through them...

I previously did a post on some of my favourite Jack Kerouac quotes, so for this next one, I thought I might turn to one of my all-time favourite author/poets, Ernest Hemingway. I am always so taken aback by the intensity within the simplicity of his writing, not to mention his interesting and different quotes, here are some of my favourite quotes and poems of his: 

** EDIT: (I was reading this back some years later, this is 2018 Caity, and realised at this stage I didn't realise that the e.h. in the last few quotes is actually Erin Hanson, not Hemingway. The positivity and rhyme of them should have given this away to me, but anyway, she is equally as wonderful, and I left them in because they're some of my favourite little poems.) 



















You can check out the other posts in this series by clicking the links below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment