Saturday 27 April 2013

THE MESSY DESK IN THE CORNER


So a few days ago I was studying for a huge geography test the next day, and at about 12 that night, I stopped to go to sleep, took one look at my desk and laughed at how absolutely cluttered and messy it was. I am not usually that type of person, but somehow my desk is always a right mess. 
But somehow, everything on it is important, if that makes sense- it is  "corner desk" built into one of the corners of my room and has lots of cabinets and cupboards below and stuff, one of the walls it is against I have painted a bright grass green which I love- I know this is a pretty random post, but I was thinking as I looked at it, that the way it looks and the things on it kind of reflect where I am in my life at the moment and who I am. 


1= my desk calendar, I would not be able to get through a school year without this! I need it to be able to write down my activities and things like that as well as school tests and tasks everyday, so I never forget. 
2= My macbook pro, always with me! Even when I am studying, I can't help but have it with me in case some Youtube, twitter, blog or music procrastination is necessary. Haha, I also do use it for research and stuff too ;) 
3= My geography notes. Only a few of many. In fact, looking back at it, this was probably one of the biggest tests with the most content that I have ever done. So lots of notes were needed!
4= My skippers license forms, I don't know if any of you saw in my bucket list that I crossed passing this off, so these are basically the forms that I need to send through to get the official document and stuff. 
5= My apple hard drive. I love this, I have so many movies and tv episodes on here. At the moment I am loving Revenge and Pretty Little Liars. 
6= 'The Crucible' - my English set work book at the moment, quite surprisingly to myself, I am really enjoying it.
7= Puppy shampoo, haha, I am sure I have told you all, hundreds of times about my cutte little puppy that I got for my eighteenth birthday, well I need to bath him sometime so I bought this.
8= My green wall that I painted myself and love so much. Green is my favourite colour and I really love my room because of my green wall and linen, etc. 
9= A pamphlet for studying a bachelor of medicine at University of Cape Town. At the moment, though it appears unlikely that I'll get in, this is all I want to do with my life!
10= Watercolour pencils that I am using to sketch my art piece before I take the picture to canvas and start properly, I need to mess around with it and make sure I know what I am doing. 
11= My phone. I have a blackberry because that's what everyone here still has, although SA is gradually making the transition to everyone having IPhones. I am not one of those people who can't go an hour without her phone, but I won't say that I don't check it fairly regularly, especially while I am studying for any form of procrastination possible. 
12= My Lip Ice. I can't remember what brand it is but it works so well and it is one of those ones that tastes super good too. 
13= This sounds weird, but thats my "favourite pen", haha, its like the pen that I always write with, I am sure lots of you all have that one pen that you'd pick to write with over another. This is mine. 
14=An empty glass, very random, but I am one of those people who drink a lot! I drink a glass of water or juice, etc. almost every hour, hehe...
15= A couple of bobby pins. My hair very often calls for these.
16= A pamphlet for the volunteer program at Red Cross that I really want to do, I am just really struggling to find time among all of the school work. 

So thats it. And I guess, for something that is so messy and filled with things to do or school work, I kind of love my messy little desk tucked in the corner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment