Monday 15 July 2013

MAURITIUS

I have decided that whenever I cross something off my bucket list I want to make a little post about it, just so that one day I can remember when I did each thing, and also just for a bit of fun I guess. So as I'm sure I told you, I recently went to Club Med 'La Pointe Aux Cannonieres' in Mauritius for mid-year holidays with my family. I had the most amazing time and also managed to do a lot of things that were on my bucket list. So that was quite nice- to cross them off. 

In case you didn't know, Mauritius is a very small island off the east coast of Southern Africa, quite close to Madagascar. 
So one of the things that i crossed off was going parasailing. I was pretty scared to do this if I'm completely truthful, but it was completely worth it in the end. Your harness is attached to a parachute that has a long string attached to your boat. Then the driver speeds up and you float up into the sky and can look down at the sea from about 80 meters high! It was absolutely amazing!












































The second thing that I did which was really cool was swimming with dolphins. It wasn't quite what I was expecting because it wasn't like in the movies where you can pet them and stuff, they were swimming in a pod and we had snorkels so you could see them swim under you and then also when they came up. They were very close, but it was just different from what I expected. 


The was the only one I could find with us and the dolphins in the picture.
Another thing that I crossed off was to go snorkelling in a reef. The whole island is surrounded by a beautiful coral reef with loads of amazing fish and beautiful turquoise waters. We went snorkelling everyday and it was absolutely my favourite thing to do. We saw eels, sea snakes, millions of beautiful tropical fish, dolphins, starfish and a whole lot more, not to mention the beautiful coral and sea boulders at the bottom. 

My brother and I snorkelling. 


We were staying in the north and this was the most southern tip, so we only went snorkelling there once, but it was by far the best and most incredible experience. 
Lastly, I also crossed off visit a tropical island. It was just the best trip and I think that because the resort had so many activities, friendly people and delicious food, it was actually the place that we stayed that made me see this country in such a beautiful way. 
The pool area at the resort. 
Every night, there were the most beautiful sunsets and we used to sit on the beach and watch them before dinner. 


The view from my balcony. 



No comments:

Post a Comment