Tuesday 21 January 2014

The 2014 Golden Globes Lookbook

I was so impressed by so many looks on the red carpet at this year's Golden Globes that I thought that because the fashion was mostly really top notch, I would make a post on some of my favourite looks. At first when I looked through the dresses on eTv's website I was very disappointed with them, but they obviously just missed a whole lot of good ones because after I watched the Fashion Police Golden Globes Special, I couldn't decide which was my favourite!

EMMA WATSON IN CHRISTIAN DIOR COUTURE
This is definitely one of my favourite looks from the night. I know a lot of people would dissagree because it is very unusual and different, but wow, I think this is taking a risk and it has definitely paid off. When I first saw it from the front, I was like 'okay that's nice but nothing amazing' and then she turned around and I literally couldn't even understand what she'd done. I love that it is very sweet and pretty and nicely fitted in the front and then at the back, those black high-waisted leggings/pants are just so cool and her open back looks stunning. Plus I love the colour on her, I think the single strap at the back is so cool and her hair and make-up are perfect.

LUPITA NYONG'O IN RALPH LAUREN
Wow! This was Lupita's first ever red carpet and what an incredible way to start! Firstly, this woman is so beautiful  that anything put on her would look beautiful, but she didn't disappoint! I'm usually not a fan of capes but this one looks lovely, I especially liked it when it was moving (left). And also, I mean, look how amazing her body is too. She kept it perfectly simple with make-up and jewellery and just looked super polished and beautiful!

OLIVIA WILDE IN GUCCI


Olivia Wilde also looked stunning. I think it is very risky to wear an emerald sparkly dress on the red carpet after Angelina Jolie's take on it to the 2011 Globes in Versace, but Olivia did a pretty good job and is glowing. 

Usually I would have thought a tight dress wasn't a good idea while you're pregnant, but this really works, and I like it a lot, I personally maybe would have pulled her hair up or back because of the high neck, but otherwise, this is really nice!

I also like the long sleeves very much and she really does look great in this, the colour suits her and her make up isn't too much to match such a statement dress. 




ZOOEY DESCHANEL IN OSCAR DE LA RENTA
Oscar De La Renta is usually one of my favourite designers, and I actually do like this dress on Zooey despite some people not thinking the same. I included the run way photo, because I definitely prefer it on the model but I think its very girly and pretty on Zooey and I really love her, I just don't like the way it shows her ankles and I was a little disappointed with the way her hair was done. But I did really like it on her besides those two little things. 

MARGOT ROBBIE IN GUCCI

Another great dress by Gucci, Margot Robbie looked really stunning and elegant. I have never seen her on the red carpet before, but I loved this! 

She has a great body to pull of a fitted dress like this, and I love the accents of green around the neckline. I also think the matched emerald shoe was very nice (although a little too big if you look closely and I'm knit-picking). I think her hair and make-up were perfect for the dress and overall it's just really lovely.

She looks very well put together and sophisticated and I like the slit as well, otherwise I think it would have looked too stiff. Her simple accessories (but definitely very expensive!) work very well too. 



SOFIA VERGARA IN ZAC POSEN


I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Sofia Vergara in this ball-gown styled dress. I am so used to seeing her in her typical mermaid dresses and this was just something different that looked very nice. I love the necklace, I think that despite it being paired with a very bold dress, it still works, especially because the dress is quite simple and black.

 I think that the skirt is just slightly too big and I would have preferred it just a little smaller. But Sofia definitely knew how to work it and I think it was a refreshing change. 





AMY ADAMS IN VALENTINO

Amy Adam's beautiful red Valentino dress was definitely one of my top favourites of the night! There was some crit about how low her neckline plunges, but I actually liked it a lot and thought she did it very well. You can't see well in the picture, but there is a beautiful crystal (or something like that) long necklace that hangs between the plunge, and I think it really looks so pretty. Not only her dress but hair and make-up were also perfect for this dress in my opinion. Yeah, I just really like this one, it drapes so nicely and falls beautifully from the waist down with just the right length of training material. She initially wore it (when she walked in) with this cool red cape as well which also looked amazing. 


KATE BECKINSALE IN ZUHAIR MURAD
Kate is so gorgeous, but I loved this mermaid shape on her, and even though I'm not usually a fan of such glittery and over the top dresses of this colour, I somehow really like this one. Kate's hair and make-up is stunning and also, she has toned down accessories because the dress is very dominant. 

TAYLOR SWIFT IN CAROLINA HERRERA
When I first saw this dress I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I've decided I do, it is just unusual to see colour blocking when the black (in this case) is not at the waist, but higher up. The dress looks pink to me in all the pictures, but when I watched the actual Globes, it was definitely red, which I liked a lot better. And yeah, I think she looks very nice and sophisticated. 

A lot of people also loved Cate Blanchett's dress so check that out, it just wasn't  personally one of my favourites. Let me know in the comments if they were any other looks that you liked!


No comments:

Post a Comment