Tuesday 5 August 2014

What's In My Bag- Campus Edition


This is my first "what's in my bag" post, probably because I don't tend to carry around big handbags loaded with stuff in like an everyday situation, but I do have a lot in my bag that I take to varsity everyday. I am first year (a freshman) and I tend to find that there is so much I need in my bag cause I am on campus for the whole day. Anyway, these are my favourite type of videos that YouTubers do, and so I thought I'd do a little post. I have really liked the freedom at university compared to school, because it's nice to be able to say wear make-up on campus, or have chewing gum in class, and so on. Basically, varsity loses all the pretty little rules, which is so nice! Here are my everyday campus essentials. 


Starting with my bag. It is from 'Accessorise', and I just love it! It is this dark maroon burgundy colour, with rose gold hardware and then has one long sling strap, and two normal handbag straps, so you can choose. I tend to wear it with the long strap at varsity because it is so heavy with everything in it. Inside, it has one really big separate pocket with a zip, which is super nice to keep small things or valuables, etc. Yeah, I just really like it a lot, I am so happy with the shape and colour and so on. It was expensive (in true Accessorise bags' style), but I think it was worth it because these are really good quality and is strong and big enough to hold all my books and stuff that I need everyday. 



#1= It's definitely important to have notebooks so write down lecture notes and stuff. I have these two, for Biochemistry and Xhosa, because I tend to write my stuff for my other subjects on my laptop or on exam pad and then file them later. But I use notebooks for some subjects.  

#2= My student card. We need to swipe ourselves in and out of campus everyday, so this is really not something you want to forget. We need it to enter the hospital, print, take out library books, etc. so yeah, it's an important one. 

#3= Okay this actually can come out of my bag for now, I only need it for tests, but it's been in there recently cause I just picked it up. It's a stamp with my name, surname and student number on it. This was not something I'd heard of until after school, but it's basically so that when you have tests, you just stamp each page, otherwise you have to write all your details on every single page, which can be a massive mission and takes up time, considering there are usually like 50 pages!

#4= My mac! I don't bring this everyday because it really weighs down my bag! But most days I do need it. I type up notes for my anatomy lectures, where I don't need a notebook (because there are no drawings, or whatever), and I also use it to do work on in off-periods and so on. I need my laptop for most of my work!

#5= My USB. It's always handy to have a flash stick lying around. 

#6= A little notebook/journal just for bits and bobs really. I don't do work in it, it's more for like planning/lists and stuff like that. 

#7= My purse. I actually need to buy a new one, cause mine is old and breaking, but I love it, so hanging onto it for now. I need my purse to pay for parking everyday or to buy snacks/lunch on campus sometimes. Just generally an important thing to have on me I find. 

#8= Tissues. With my killer hayfever, these are definitely a must. 

#9= My iPod. This is an iPod Classic, it is 80 gigs (!!!!) and I am so happy with it, it's trustworthy and has SO much space! It's mainly in my bag cause I plug it into my car's CD player while driving to and from varsity. 

#10= My pencil case. This is literally packed to the brim. I am a bit of a stationary horder, but yeah, for obvious reasons, I need this at varsity. 

#11= My diary. I need this to diarise important due dates, hand ins, homework, events and so on. 

Okay, so then here's what I have in the big zip-up pocket thing in the centre of the bag. 


#1= "Penningtons of Bath- Lily hand and Nail Cream" I absolutely love the smell of this! It's very fresh and soft with a slight sweetness. It's also super good for dry skin, so I like having it in my handbag. 

#2= Panado for headaches/ any other sort of pain really, just a handy thing to have on you I think. 

#3= This is a disinfectant wipe. I think it's useful to have these if you/someone hurts themselves and you want to just give it a clean and disinfect it quickly and then put a plaster over it. 

#4= This is a bit of an odd thing to have in there, but it's a mini combination lock, which I use to lock my totes and this bag when I go to gym straight after my last period. 

#5= Okay this is also a pretty weird thing to have in there, it's a make-up applicator sponge. I used to use these instead of brushes to apply my foundation/BB cream, etc., but now I like to use them to clear up bits where my mascara may have smudged, or that type of thing. The reason I have one in my varsity bag, is because I put my make-up on (if I wear that day), in the morning, but you know sometimes when you look in the mirror and it feels like all your eye make-up has melted down and given you racoon eyes, or if you rub them by mistake (this I do a LOT), I use a sponge like this to just quickly wipe it away and clear it up. 

#6= 'Zam Buk Cherry Lip Balm'... this is super good for really dry chapped lips and it smells SO DELICIOUS! 

#7= Why do I need this as well? I don't, it's just somehow found it's way in there, but it's "The Body Shop- Born Lippy in Raspberry' and it's a bit more of a gloss balm than the Zam Buk which I use to actually help my lips if they are dry. This also smells super nice. 

#8= These are little clear sticky rings to put around paper that you have punched and don't want to tear when you put it in a file. 

#9= Chewing gum. I currently like the Stimerol Mint Infinity because the taste really does last a lot longer than normal gum. 

#10= A whole bunch of hair bits and bobs. 

#11= Hand Sanitizer

#12= I like to have a spare concealer somewhere in there for bad skin days. This is "Estee Lauder double Wear COncealer'.

#13= There are a few pens rummaging in the bottom of my bag.

#14= I also like to have a spare mascara in case, this is Mayelline, The Falsies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment