Monday 24 March 2014

South African Music


I remember a time probably about 2 years or so ago, that I disliked pretty much all South African music. I don't know why, but I just wasn't really intrigued by any of the artists current at the time, but recently, I have found myself listening to so many South African artists, and the music is amazing! So, for those are you, particularly who aren't from South Africa, have a listen, because this stuff is actually great, and I doubt you'll know much of it if you aren't from here. 

Shortstraw- I absolutely love these guys, they have like an indie rock type vibe and are so incredible live.
BIKINI WEATHER- SHORTSTRAW
*****

 COUCH POTATO-SHORTSTRAW
*****
Matthew Mole- whilst very different to Shortstraw, Matthew Mole is an absolutely amazing singer/songwriter who just sings so gently and genuinely that you can't not fall in love with him. 
YOU AND YOUR CROWN-MATTHEW MOLE
*****

IT'S SIMPLE CHILD- MATTHEW MOLE
****
Al Bairre- I looove Al Bairre so so much! They also do an Indie pop/rock type thing and are a lot of fun and write pretty interesting stuff. 

YOUTH DE FREITAS- AL BAIRRE
******
(current favourite!)

WE MOVE ON- AL BAIRRE
****

ANCESTORS- AL BAIRRE
*****

Jeremy loops- this guy just does such cool stuff and all his music just makes you want to dance about and sing along. 

POWER- JEREMY LOOPS
******

DOWN SOUTH- JEREMY LOOPS
*****

And then here are a bunch of others as well:

GIRL SAVES BOY - MICHAEL LOWMAN
****

ONE MILLION VIEWS- GOLDFISH
***

THE RIVER- MAJOZI
******
STEPPING OUT- SAMUEL MILLER- THE KIFFNESS REMIX
****

Enjooyyy



No comments:

Post a Comment