Friday 31 May 2013

MAY FAVOURITES


So I looked up at my calendar and saw today is the last day of the month, how crazy that we are already in out 6th month of the year, I actually cannot believe how fast it has gone. I say this every year though, and I think that as we get older, it seems to go faster; which is actually a rather daunting thought...

So instead of doing beauty favourites because as lame as this sounds, I don't think I have bought any new/exciting products for a couple of months because I've been pretty busy at school so just sticking with what products I know, etc...

But I thought I'd do my TOP FIVES for movies, songs, tv series and books this month... This does seem a bit random but I decided to do it because especially with the movies and books, I really do recommend that if you haven't watched/read them, you should do so straight away :)

MOVIES:
- The Great Gatsby (ohmyword, this was beyond incredible!!!!)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (one of those brilliant movies that leaves you inspired after)
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (one of those mixed-up good old chick flicks ish)
- The Life of Pi (let's just say it won so many awards for a reason!)
- Pitch Perfect (I have not enjoyed the humour in a movie like I did for this one for ages, not to  mention the absolutely incredible singing!)

BOOKS:
- The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (yes, I am not a little obsessed) 
- The Sky is Everywhere- Jandy Nelson (This is probably my favourite book in a long time)
- Things I Want My Daughters To Know- Elizabeth Noble (a light read but a beautiful story)
- The Language of Flowers- Vanessa Diffenbaugh (a really different story, I loved it!)
- I have just started 'The Fault in Our Stars' - John Green and it so touching, I can't put it down...

TV: 
- NCIS LA (just finished the 4th season and it is so good, I am practically bursting trying to find out what happens next season!) 
- Pretty Little Liars ( I am rewatching from season 1 while I wait for more episodes in the current screening to come out- I guess that is show of how much I love it) 
- Grey's Anatomy ( I am half way through the 9th ad final season. I have been watching since season 1, I absolutely love it and am so sad to see it going soon!)
- Revenge (Late on the bandwaggon for this, so only just finished season 1, but loving it too!)
- The Bachelorette ( I am watching Emily's season now and it is down to the final 6! Ahh, I love Sean, Arrie and Jef- don't tell me who wins pleeease :) ) 

SONGS: 
-  Red and White and Blue and Gold- Aoife O'Donovan (not pop-py at all, but very much my taste and I listen to it on repeat for hours)
- Tip Toes - Jayme Dee (I don't even know what to say, have a listen- she is an incredible singer!)
- Just My Love - Katherine Hughes (also a fantastic singer)
- The Weight of Living Part 1- Bastille (this is just too beautiful for words)
- People Help The People- Birdy (I love her voice too, such a beautiful song)

Enjoy the entertainment



No comments:

Post a Comment