Monday 6 May 2013

Gatsby, what Gatsby?

My English class's current set work book is The Great Gatsby, and it is conveniently paired with the new release of the more updated movie, featuring Leonardo DiCaprio. It is being released this week and I don't know about the rest of the world, but there has been a big hype about its release, so everyone is looking forward to seeing it. Including me, I love the book and so I am sure that the movie is going to be just as good. 

It is set in the 20s and so everyone is caught up in the "american dream" and the rich dress extravagantly, with huge ball gowns, lots of jewellery and fancy, posh accessories. 

Anyway, so in the spirit of Gatsby, I have been looking at some pictures on We Heart It and thought to share them with you, so enjoy :)
Oh and if you've not read the book yet, the name of this post is a quote from it...










One of my favourite quotes in the book is in the closing lines:
"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter- tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."











No comments:

Post a Comment