Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Fault In Our Stars


Recently, I read the most amazing book called 'The Fault in Our Stars' by a really great author called John Green. I was given the book for christmas after saying that I wanted to read it for quite some time. I had heard nothing but good things about the book, and so many people recommended it to me, so I decided that it was time I read it too.


 It was just so genuine and heart-warming and also very uncliched which I really liked. The basic idea of the story it about a 16 year old girl called Hazel who has very serious lung Cancer and is battling it and I guess you could say, slowly dying. It is very very sad in that way because it deals with the idea of Cancer which is such a true reality, and so at parts it was incredibly sad. But basically she meets this super charming guy called Gus (who has been in remission for a year or two) who kind of changes everything for her, and the book is a story of her life, their relationship, that type of thing. But it is just written in such a way that is so original. When I started the book I was thinking that it would basically just be a story about Hazel dying, but whether or not she dies (I',m not giving any spoliers), its not about that and in the last 100 pages I was literally left shocked from so many unexpected little twists that make the story.



So please read it! I am a terrible reader, I read so slowly and I don't handle very difficult books well, but this is actually an easy read despite its great plot, and I could never put it down. I made it one of my new year's resolutions to read more, so this was my first book for the year, and I just loved it!
I have also just bought a book by John Green again called Looking for Alaska, because I loved his writing so much and I've heard it's a great book. So if I enjoy it as much as this one, maybe I'll post on that too.



Also, the movie is coming out in June, so that's something to look forward to too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment