Monday 29 July 2013

Bastille Love

So there is this British band called Bastille that for about the past 6 months I have literally not stopped listening to. I love very song and am just really enjoying them. I was going to post this on my music blog, but I feel like more people view this one and I love them so much that I feel like I want the whole world to share my joy of listening to them. So here it is. They do songs that have quite a few techno type stuff in them, but then they also do the most incredible acoustic covers with just their voices and maybe a guitar or two- and then clap and click and what not, to make it really a beautiful acoustic. I love them, and I think they are very easy listening and easy to sing along to. Like I said, I love every song, but here are some of my favourites. 



'Bad Blood'. It took me some time to get into this song but now I listen to it on repeat all the time. 


This one is called 'These Streets'. 

This song (below) 'Flaws' has been done so differently, so here are some different versions, I still can't decide which one I like the best. 

The acoustic version. 

Also a beautiful version, with mainly string instruments. 

You must excuse the absolutely weird video, I make no effort to understand it. But this is the original version, and is also very nice. 

'Things We Lost In The Fire' is another favourite. 

'The Weight of Living- Part 1', too beautiful. 

And of course, one that maybe you have heard because it has become very popular: 'Pompeii". 
(also a very weird music video)

Just a side thought, I think that this guy, Matthias Harris does a really decent cover of this song all by himself, so take a listen. 


Enjoy the music, the main singer just has the most amazing voice!



No comments:

Post a Comment