Sunday 7 July 2013

Beauty Product Haul

So a week or so ago, I did a massive haul at Clicks which is kind of like a South African brand of a drugstore or highstreet. It has everything and anything. It has a really big make up section with a whole lot of different brands of make-up, then it also has beauty products like face products, body gels, and whatever else. So I needed to do this haul for a while because gradually all my things have been running out. So the reason why I did this post in not to share with you every brand of make up that I use. But rather because these products, especially that I chose for this post, have been so great. They have all worked so well for me and my skin, etc. and I fully recommend them all. 

1) 'Vaya' Smooth For Her.
 This stuff is basically an alcohol based stick that you can roll on to any skin after you have shaved and it honestly keeps it smooth for much much longer. I have found it to work so well, so if any of you share my hate for how quickly your hairs grow back after shaving, this will do the trick :) 

2) 'Yardley Oatmeal' 2-in-1 Blemish Stick
Essentially this is a concealer, and the main reason why I bought it is because my friend Caroline said she was enjoying it, when she mentioned it in a beauty haul on her blog, agirlcalledcaroline.blogspot.com. I have struggled to find a concealer in the perfect colour for my skin, for a while now and this matched perfectly- I use it in the shade oatmeal. So on the tube it says that it also heals blemishes but I never actually thought it would because I didn't think it was like a proper skin product and was just a concealer. But woah, within 5 days of using this over all my skin, it was completely clear. I am absolutely loving it and recommend it 100%. 

3) 'African Extract Rooibos' Refreshing Toner
I have found this brand really brilliant over the past few months and have been using their masks every now and then as well as the day and night moisturisers. But I just finished my Clinique toner and wanted to try a new one, so I bought this because I already know the brand well. This is so great, I just use a bit on cotton wool every morning and night and I always feel natural and fresh-faced after. I don't know if you can get it out of South Africa, but it is very good and you might do. It is also alcohol free which is really nice because it doesn't leave your face dry or tight. 

4) 'Lush' Colour Supplement in Light Yellow
I know I am cheating a bit because this is from Lush, not Clicks. I was originally quite hesitant to buy this because Lush doesn't generally make make-up and does more beauty products like stuff for the bath, etc. But I bought it by chance and am loving it. Everything about it just feels good for your skin, especially because everything at Lush is handmade and natural only. It is not heavy at all, so just gives a fresh, light converage all over. I generally use it as a light foundation on days when I don't want to cake make-up on. 

5) 'Nivea Daily Essentials' Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
I actually only bought this as a very last minute product before I left on holiday. I generally do buy expensive products when it comes to my face/skin and I have been using Dermalogica (Clean Start) for ages and enjoying it. I only intended to use this for the week while I was on holiday then was going to buy more Dermalogica, but I was surprised at how much I liked this, despite it being very cheap. It is just a normal face wash to use in the shower but always leaves my face smooth and clear. The only thing is you do need to moisturise straight after because it dries it out a tiny bit. It's otherwise really good and smells delicious. 

6) 'Essie Spring Collection' in Nice is Nice
I have had this colour before from overseas and really liked it so bought it again. It was actually a much lighter pastel purple here than in England where I bought it first. But I love how its a bit lighter and I wear it all the time. It is my new favourite. Also Essie is such a good brand and always lasts long. 


7) 'Essence' Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder- Brunettes
I hadn't started using bronzer till this year and I am loving it. This one is essence which is a nice make-up brand that is also very reasonably priced. I am  actually more blonde than brunette but have a bit of a naturally darker skin opposed to fair, lighter skin so went with this one rather and it is perfect. 

8) 'Essence' Silky Touch Blush in #10 "Adorable"
Kind of like a baby-doll pink colour. I have a more coral, red colour too but wanted a really pink colour as well and am really happy with this one. 


9) 'Clicks Skin Essentials' 3-in-1 Facial Cleansing Wipes
Just the normal but these are nice because they have a lot of moisture in them, don't sting my eyes, and never fail to remove all my make-up. 

So those are my best beauty products from my Clicks haul, hope that you enjoy them. 


1 comment:

  1. That was amazing! You should check our বুলুফিলিন that is one of the most effective things you ever watched! This will blow your mind. Check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete