Tuesday 23 July 2013

Brownie Baking

I have had a craving to bake for quite a while now, and seeing that i have a retreat day at school tomorrow (i.e.: no homework today :D) I thought this was the perfect opportunity.
I lovve brownies, like way over cupcakes and all those other goodies, they just seem to be my favourites. And for a long time I have been looking for a good recipe to make from scratch because I am usually just lazy and use a box kit. So, I did lots of searching on cooking blogs, pinterest pictures and all that and found these amazing chic-chunk brownies on this blog

So here is the recipe, because it is too good for me to go without sharing with you all. They are really crunchy on the outside but all chewy and fudgey in the middle.

INGREDIENTS: 

1 Stick butter
About 200g dark/milk chocolate (I used a mixture)
3 Tbs cocoa
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
1 cup of flour
1 slab of white chocolate
1 slab of milk chocolate
and any other chocolate (chic chips, etc)

HOW TO MAKE THEM: 
1) Preheat the over to 170 degrees celsius.
2) Melt the butter and chocolate in double boiler over stove or in microwave.
3) Sieve in the cocoa into this (now cooled) chocolate butter mixture.



4) In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. 
5) Add chocolate/butter mix (cooled) into egg mixture and whisk. 
6) Sieve in the flour and mix.
7) Add into chocolate chopped quite roughly. 
8) Pour mixture (should be thick) into greased baking pan about 9" by 9".

Bake in over for 35-40 mins is what the recipe says, but mine took half and hour longer so depends on your oven. 

This makes about 16 good-sized ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment