Thursday 21 August 2014

Winter Favourites 2014


So I have been meaning to do a favourites post for probably the past couple of months, as there has just been so much I have been loving in June, July and now August too! So instead of choosing one month, I thought I'd pile them all into my winter favs, seeing as it's been winter here for the past couple of months anyway (disclaimer: if you haven't figured, I live in the Southern Hemisphere, so it's winter here from June- August). 

So here it goes:


BEAUTY FAVOURITES:


DAISY EUA SO FRESH- MARC JACOBS
When I put this in my last haul video, I had just gotten it after wanting it for ages, and I have just been loving it for the past couple of months I've had it. I just think its the prettiest scent and is sweet and fresh and I'm just really enjoying it!





LIP HEMP CONDITIONER- THE BODY SHOP
I have mentioned this on my blog before and it is not a new product to me, but this winter I have been specifically loving this lip treatment as my lips have been so dry and chapped, and this is, from what I've found, by far the best stuff for the job!

TRESEMME HEAT DEFENCE STYLING SPRAY
I use heat on my hair quite frequently, and must admit I am quite slack with heat protection, especially cause the one I was previously using was expensive, so I always got my mom to buy it for me (hehe), but I haven't been using one for pretty much this whole year, and thought enough is enough, so decided to buy one. This Tresemme one is not expensive at all (about R70 I think) and is just amazing! Firstly, it smells super delicious (kind of like apples almost), but the way it works, I can already see my hair looking healthier. Also, when I finish straightening my hair after using this all over, my hair feels so much softer! It is also a styling spray, so I have also occasionally used it just to get rid of a bit of frizz or to tease/volumise my hair a bit, so it works in both ways!



ESSIE 

There have been two Essie nail polishes I have been loving! The first is in the shade 10 and is called 'Blanc'. I would definitely say this is my winter favourite overall. I just really have started loving wearing white nail polish, and it goes with everything! So yeah, I wore this a LOT these holidays. 
The second shade I have only just got recently, but wanted to put it in because I have already fallen for it! It's called "Borrowed and Blue' (shade 746). This is literally the prettiest really light baby blue colour and I just think it is so cute!
Not to mention of top of these beautiful colours, the polish is great quality and lasts for a long time! 



MAKE-UP FAVOURITES:

BOURJOIS BRONZER
Bourjois only produce this one type of bronzer (like it comes in one shade, etc.) but I have heard great things about it for song long that I had to get it. Its reasonably priced for what you're getting and is just a really nice golden colour with a tint of shimmer in as well. I just have been loving it a million times more than my old bronzer, and am so happy with it! It is also in a really cute little box that closes magnetically, and the powder is pressed to look like chocolate blocks, and it kind of smells like that too, which is delicious... so yeah, this is a bronzer I've been so happy with, it's super pigmented and so a little goes a long way!



LIPSTICKS BY ESTEE LAUDER

I don't own much Estee Lauder because it is very expensive stuff, but I have come across these two lipsticks in the past few months and am just loving both so much!
The first is
Estee Lauder Crystal Lipstick Pure Colour Creme- in the shade 01, Crystal Baby. This is so beautiful, it is a natural berry pink sort of colour and because it is a "creme lipstick" it is super moisturising and smooth on the lips which makes it  look super natural and just feel a lot nicer, it also means you can still wear it if your lips are chapped, without the lipstick coming out gross and clumpy. I am usually a fan of matte lipsticks, but I actually love the shimmer in this one, maybe because it is so glossy and creamy, but yeah it just looks super pretty on, and I like that it is a similar pink to your lips, so it is a nice everyday type of lipstick and is not too bold. 

The second one I've been really loving is the Estee Lauder Signature Hydar Lustre Lipstick in the shade 'Venetian Rose' (09). This one is actually fairly similar to the previous one, but the colour is a bit more of a coral pink than a berry pink. It is very natural, and when you have it on, it kind of just exentuates your natural lip colour with lots of pigmenting, so it just looks very pretty. It has a few sparkly glints, but is a bit more matte than the other one. 




THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE BB CREAM: COLOUR ADAPTING TINTED CREAM (SHADE 02)

I really like this BB cream. It comes out of the tube white with little speckles and then you mix it with a brushfor a few seconds and it adapts to your skin colour! I have been wearing my BB cream a lot more than base recently, cause I think it's important to let my skin "breath" a bit and not constantly be covered in a thick layer of base. This leaves my skin feeling so fresh and soft and the actual cream smells delicious.



GENERAL FAVOURITES:

Okay so now onto some non-beauty related favourites. I actually have loads of these, probably because we had such a long holiday in June/July, so there was plenty of time to watch movies, download good music and do exciting new things. 

MUSIC:

I have two artists that I have recently become obsessed with!

1) JULIA CHURCH

This girl is phenomenal and is definitely going far! She is 17 and is from South Africa, so is still in school and doesn't have anything on iTunes or anything yet, but do yourself a favour and go take a listen to her SoundCloud. She does the most beautiful covers of Riptide , Oblivion, Mountain Sound (those are my favs) and just so many more, so go have a listen! You can also download her stuff to iTunes from her SoundCloud if you like her!

2) VAMPIRE WEEKEND

This is not a band that's new to me, I have always loved them, but recently, I have downloaded some of their stuff and have just been really into them. I would say their music is kind of indie rock, electronic and alternative, a little bit like Shortstraw ish. Some of my favourites are Oxford Comma, Kids Don't Stand a Chance, Holiday, Unbelievers and Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa. 

TV SERIES: 

It will be no surprise to you that I obviously have started watching even more series'! There were two that I really got into this winter!

1) ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK

I hadn't heard of this before until a friend swore by it and said it was literally like her favourite show, so I had to give it a try, and of course the bug has bitten me! It has Taylor Shilling as the main character, and I really like her, and the show is just unlike anything I've seen before in a TV series and has such a good plot, definitely check it out! 

2) HOUSE

It has taken me eight full seasons and the actual finishing of the show to start this, but doing medicine and all, I knew I would love it, so have decided to watch it! I finished the first season in about 2 weeks and am now onto the second one already! I just love it, I find it super interesting, and just really really good!



MOVIES:

DIVERGENT
I actually watched this a while ago, but had to include it cause I thought it was incredible. I am obsessed with the two main characters, and I hadn't read the book, so didn't know what to expect, but wow, I thought this was brilliant, can't wait for the next one! I have a new crush on Theo James (oh my goodness) and am very excited that it's a trilogy, I can't wait to see what the others are like. 

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
This was such a stunning movie! I fell in love with the book, and whilst for me, a movie never quite seems to matche up to a brilliant book, this one did a pretty decent job at getting very close. Again, it has Shailene Woodley in it, and wow, it's just so well created, with some amazing acting!




MUSIC VIDEO: 

CHANDELIER- SIA
I know this is a bit odd to put into my favourites, but I cannot even tell you how many times I have watched this music video in the past few months! I love the song (even though it did actually take me a while to get into it), but this video, my goodness #@!&%@$! It is this little girl doing this amazing dance routine to the song! Her name is Maddie Ziegler and she is only 11, but is the most incredible dancer! I just think the choreography is so so cool and really artistic and just so brilliant! Check it out:




No comments:

Post a Comment