Wednesday 2 September 2015

August Favourites

Where on earth did August go- my gosh, I had so many blog ambitions for this month and it has literally just slipped away! 

So there have been a few really lovely things I have been enjoying this month! Some new, but I also went back to a few old products that i fell in love with again... So I wanted to share those, and some other bits and pieces I've been loving, with you. 

Okay so let me start with make-up: 
The first thing I have been loving is 

The Body Shop: Honey Bronzer (shade 04)
I will start by saying that I did unfortunately get one or two shades too dark, but luckily, with bronzer, you can sort of get away with that cause you can just use less. This is slightly more on the pricey side for bronzer and I finally decided to splurge and buy one cause I have been eyeing them forever! This is fantastic bronzer, in fact, I think maybe I even like it more than the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer, which has been my staple for years. This just has so much pigment, makes perfect contours, lasts long and is just beautifully packaged, which always makes a difference!



Rimmel: Wake Me Up Concealer (Shade 01)
For some reason Rimmel in SA doesn't stock this concealer, and it is one I have heard people rave about for ages, so I actually ended up ordering it online, and it was definitely worth the wait. This just really does the job at covering up any spots, and is also good for like overall redness or puffy eyes and all that... I like concealers like this that are quite liquid and almost like a more pigmented base opposed to concealer crayon sticks... This lasts well and just feels nice and light on your face, so even if you put a lot on, your skin doesn't feel cakey or anything. 




Maybelline: 24hr Colour Tattoo Shadow (Shade: Permanent Taupe)

I had to order another shade of this cream eye shadow because the stay power is actually ridiculous! Like I've never found a piece of make-up that will honestly not budge from when you put it on in the morning to when you take it off- it's crazy. That aside, this is the prettiest matte brown colour, that I generally just wear plain over my eyelids with some mascara and that's it. It is very natural but just so pretty, this is currently my go-to thing to do with my eyes on an everyday basis. 


Rimmel: Match Perfection Foundation (Shade 100)

This is an oldy but a goody- I have been religiously using this base for years now, and every time I try out a new base, I always come back to this. The reason I'm putting it in my favourites is because recently I've had so many people asking what base I'm wearing, and it is always this. It doesn't ever feel cakey or sticky on your face and when I put it on, I can see an instant change in terms of overall eveness and colour of my skin, and yeah, it's super affordable, I love the pump bottle and is just a really solid, good-quality product. 




Now for beauty, I just have one thing, which is the

The Body Shop: Shower Gel- Fuji Green Tea
This is a pretty new scent that The Body Shop have released and I absolute love it! It's not as sweet as some of the other, more fruity, scents they do and so I find myself using it pretty much everyday because it's a very natural and suuper fresh scent, which is perfect for everyday. I also find that it doesn't clash with perfume or deodorant that I wear, which is sometimes a problem I have with a few of the other Body Shop scents. So yeah, it just smells really good! 



Now onto some random favs:

The first is a book
Paper Towns- John Green
I am not a big reader, mainly because I really don't have much time. So I finally finished this while I was overseas in June/July, because there's nothing better than reading a good book while lying in the sun on a boat- so that's pretty much what I did a lot of the time! This book is really good, I love John Green, he's just a super cool guy and always manages to create very real characters. The story is completely unique and yeah, I just thoroughly enjoyed it! It's an easy read as well, so nothing too heavy. 



Shameless: TV Series
I am pretty addicted to all the TV series' I watch but this one is kind of on a new level and honestly, I didn't actually watch too much else besides Shameless last month because I was just enjoying it so much! I think this show is kinda an acquired taste and is a bit brash in ways, so isn't for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy it! I can't pin point what exactly about it either, but it's just really good and worth checking out, I was hooked within the first few episodes! I am only only season 2, cause I started pretty late, but it's already great! 


Is There Anybody Out There?- A Great Big World: album
I have been listening to this CD all the time recently. I only knew a few songs by A Great Big World before, but really liked them, and then I decided to listen to the whole album and all the songs were just super good. I love the main singer's voice and the use of piano in their music, and I also just think that the stuff they sing about it different and positive, and always puts me in a good mood. My favourites have to be Land Of Opportunity and Already Home. 


So yeah, that's it for what I was loving throughout August, check in with you soon :)

Love




No comments:

Post a Comment