Wednesday 16 September 2015

Travel Adventures: Hvar, Croatia

Oh my gosh, I just absolutely and completely loved Hvar and of everywhere I went over the whole trip, this is the first place I would go back to. Hvar is just stunning, it's got the clearest waters I have ever seen in my life and was sunny and cheerful and just a lot of fun! I will say that my good experience here was definitely created by being with great people, having lovely weather and a lot of factors like that that made me just really have such a great time there, but even so, you can't deny the absolute beauty of this little city. It is apparently the country's greatest "party place" and we did have a really great night out there, but in general, its just a place with a lot of young students, travellers and not to mention the very rich and illite. Along the main promenade, if you walk for about 15 minutes along it out of the central town, you become immersed in extravagant hotels and pool side bars and 5-star everything, so it definitely has that aspect to it, which was exciting to fantasise about maybe for one day, but even as students on a budget, we had so much fun there!

One thing you really must do is walk up through the town and then up the hill (not too strenuous of a walk) to the palace. You can then go in and have a look out at the whole town below and the beautiful little islands close by, that kind of look like scattered rain drops. We didn't go into the castle, but still the view was amazing! We ate absolutely delicious pizza there and really enjoyed just wandering around the streets and then as I said, the night life is a lot of fun as well. 

So yeah, overall I just loved Hvar, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something really appealing and special to it, and I would absolutely love to go back!









No comments:

Post a Comment