Sunday 5 May 2013

RED CARPET DESIGNERS: Oscar De La Renta

Okay, so this is my last designer for this series of posts... I only choose these three because they so far, tend to have dresses that I particularly like and stand out to me. But if these posts have interested you at all, definitely check out Versace, Dior, Chanel, Carolina Herera and Gucci, because they are other ones that I love and feel free to comment if there are any other designers I should do a post like this about :) 

SPRING 2011:
I absolutely love this dress, it is just so well fitted.
The model has a tiny waist, which really suits this dress, and I love
the sash hanging down. I also love the quite deep scoop neck cut.
Kind of like a mild "mermaid look". Very fitted and elegant.
I think that the low neckline has been done very well, I love the
thin belt pulling in at the waist and the super thin straps. 

I really like this dress. I just think the lace detail is so pretty!
FALL 2011:
This is just such a unique and beautiful
piece. I especially love the top bit,  from above the bust to
the neckline. 

Whilst this is not something that I personally would
wear, I also really like it. It's simplicity and shape is very striking,
and the one shoulder is cut beautifully I especially like the "zebra"
band that goes along the one shoulder cut. 
Th fabric is interesting, I am not sure what I think of it
yet. But I love the cut and shape of the dress! I think that it is so
well fitted, the mermaid shape looks so beautiful and I love the
one shoulder. 
SPRING 2012
I love this dress. The colours quite surprisingly, work
well together. I love the black lace and the big flared out skirt.
It is very high fashion, but I love it. I also love the 3/4 lace sleeves of the crop top. 
Similar to the one above, I also really like this. Again, perfect colours.
I like the three quarter sleeves very much and the lace is beautiful.
This skirt is so beautifully draped and gathered, and yeah, just a really interesting
cool lace crop top and skirt. 
I love the cut of this dress. The skirt is flowy and perfect
for spring/summer, the belt is a nice touch and the low line neck cut
is really suited. I like the colour too, it is very bright, but I think
that it probably does work here. 
FALL 2012
What I like about this dress is that its very interesting
and certainly unique. I like the baby pink and the gold detail
on the left if the bust is something that I've never seen before.
I think that the silver(y) dress on the right is very pretty.
It is a simple cut and style, but pulled off really well despite the super metallic material.
I also really like the drop-waist style and contrasting materials in the dress on the left. 
SPRING 2013:
I love this dress too, I think that it is a beautiful
colour,  and I really like how the white flowers become more
clustered towards the top. It is also like it's length and that is gives a peep of the ankles
and shoes. 
This is such a flattering dress because of the black stripe
along the side. I like the detail at the neck and the high slit.
This was by far, the most loved and talked-
about dress of this collection. And I can see why, I think it's super pretty
- the only thing I'm not a fan of is the belt buckle thing along the waist.
So thats it for my red carpet designers posts, hope you enjoyed!




No comments:

Post a Comment