Thursday 2 May 2013

RED CARPET DESIGNERS: Elie Saab

So one of my all time favourite designers is Elie Saab. He always produces the most beautiful gowns and long dresses and I always keep tabs on what the new collections are and who is wearing Elie Saab on the red carpet- especially during awards season. So I decided to share some of my favourite designs over the past 3 years with you.

SPRING 2011 COLLECTION

This is possibly one of my all time favourites, it
was worn to the Oscars by Mila Kunis, and in my
opinion looked even better on her. 

I love the colour of this dress. It is quite an unusual
cut, but I think it is interesting and like the glittery lace on the bust.

Entitled under a collection called 'Bridal Inspiration', I love this detailed
 bust and beige colour. I also love the simple rouging
after it pulls in at the waist and I like the big slit. 
These stunning, statement black sequin dresses
are so so beautiful. I particularly like the strapless one
on the left. 
FALL 2011 COLLECTION:
This is such a stunning dress. The beading is so
precise and intricate. I specifically love the beaded
long sleeves and the colour of the dress. 

Again, one of those really beautiful, full beaded/
sequinned dresses. Elie Saab always manages to keep
these showy dresses from going overboard and in a way, simplistic within the
immense detail of it all. 
SPRING 2012 COLLECTION
Mustard colours seemed to be really in
that season and this dress is just so high fashion. It drapes
and falls so perfectly and I think it is nice to see something a bit different, like this,
by Elie Saab. 
As you can see, bright colours were in for this collection. I
absolutely love this green dress. I think the lace at
the top and over the bust is really so beautiful and I love the
overall cut and shape of the dress. 
All of these belonged to the 2012 Spring "vintage collection".
They are all relatively basic shapes, but the beading and draping is some
well done. I love their simplicity and think they're all gorgeous.
FALL 2012 COLLECTION

I love this crimson chiffon dress from the Elie Saab pre-fall collection. It really is just so beautiful!
This black, intricate, couture dress is really so
beautiful. I love the lace at the top covering
the sweetheart ish neckline underneath to form a higher, boat line neck. 
This is again one of my all time favourites. It is very different to the
rest of this fall collection but is so stunning. I love the lowered waist-cut,
the beading at the top is so beautiful and it falls so
well down from the tiny gold belt at the waist.
Firstly, I love love this light grey blue colour. I think that all of these dresses are so beautiful.

SPRING 2013 COLLECTION

This white lace, drop waist evening gown is so beautiful. 
I love the lace and long sleeves. It is part of the spring couture collection 
of this year. 


Royal blue evening gowns were really in this season, 
but of them all, this has to be my favourite! I love the collar and
long lines, elongating the bust, and the slit is perfectly positioned. 




Okay, hope the long post was worth it. Looking at all those stunning dresses, I am in awe of how someone can create that from just a bunch of material, lace, and stuff, etc! Expect some more red carpet fashion designer posts soon soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment