Friday 10 October 2014

My First Mac Products


Something a little exciting happened, I ordered some stuff from Mac, well very little actually, but yeah, basically I have been wanting to try out some Mac make-up for ages but have never been able to bring myself to splurge on it yet. And then I discovered that you can order Mac stuff online here, I didn't realise SA did that, so was excited to try a couple of things out. 

Being very much on a student's budget, I in no way could do a haul or massive order, but I ordered two things I have been wanting for ages and were top on my Mac list, and am so happy with them so far!

1) So the first thing is a good Mac lipstick. Yeah, I guess they are a bit pricy, but I have wanted one for ages and so finally ordered this one, called Ravishing and the finish is Creme Sheen. Deciding on a colour was tough because there were SO many, and also because I couldn't swatch it (cause it was online) I didn't want to order one that may look different in the thumbnail. I knew the colour I wanted the most was a corally sort of lipstick because I didn't have one and I think it will be very pretty for spring/summer coming up! 



I have no experience in picking a finish either, and there were so many, so I sort of just went by colour, but the Creme Sheen finish is actually so amazing, because it is a little creamy and so doesn't clump on your lips and just has a very nice overall finish. I am so happy with this colour!

Mac- Ravishing (Cremesheen)
2) The second, and last thing I bought (yeah, only two things for now) was actually a brush I have heard people rave about for a long time, which is the Mac 217 blending brush. It's designed mainly for eye shadow blending and contouring I think, but can also be used with cream rather than powder, so works as a small concealer brush too. I am using it mainly for concealer because I don't wear eye shadow much, but have washed it out and tried it for both and it's just really nice! It's the perfect size for your crease and is soft and doesn't loose bristles, which is always a plus!


Mac 217 Blending Brush
So yeah, this is a very simple, quick little post, but I am so excited to finally have some Mac stuff and I am just enjoying them both so much, that I thought I'd share them with y'all :)

The bug has definitely bitten me, and I can't wait to get more Mac, I'm thinking I want a nude-y lipstick next, comment if you know of any good ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment