Saturday 5 July 2014

Blog Revamp

You may (or may not) have noticed that a few weeks ago I kind of did a bit of a blog revamp. The reason why was because when I made this blog last year, I actually knew very little about how it all works and the different formats and all that, and in my year of blogging I have learnt so much in terms of formatting, layout, editing and just a whole lot more about this sort of stuff in general! I thoroughly enjoy my blog and in general, even if not a single person read it, it is really something that I like doing :) 

In redoing bits and bobs on this blog and changing the look slightly, I feel like I have finally got it to look that way I have pretty much wanted it to from the start- obviously there are a few other things (as there always are), but I kind of feel like it now represents me and who I am. The last thing I have been thinking of changing is quite a big one- the name. I read somewhere that you should never change your blog's name, as you may lose followers who no longer recognise it, and that in general, it's not the best of ideas.

Buuut, I'm planning on doing it anyway, I think... I may change my mind, but for now I feel like I do want to. I called my blog Fairydust on my Fingertips because I liked the idea of it being a space where I could discuss and chat about the best that life has to offer. Things like travel and beauty and baking and lifestyle- and my thoughts behind the name were that those things are like fairydust in the grasp of my hands- hence, 'on my fingertips'. 


Now, even though I do still like the name, I feel like it sounds slightly childish and maybe doesn't represent enough of 'me' in the name, so I think that in the near future, you may get another post with my new blog name- nothing else will change though!

I also realise that in changing it- I won't be having detrimental damage on this 'following' because I don't know if there is one, but I don't necessarily think so... and who knows- maybe a name change may be what I need to get more people to read and enjoy my blog... I think that even thought this blog is a hobby for myself, obviously, it is very exciting to be able to share it with other people and see others enjoying the things you write about, or copying a recipe, or even just buying a mascara I recommend, or whatever it is...

I have not shared this blog with more than about 3 people I know- I don't know why, seems a bit silly- I do realise- but I kind of feel like it is fairly personal, and so basically I haven't quite got the guts yet to post my posts on facebook or tweet about them or anything because I guess I am just a bit scared of judgement and whatever else sharing this with everyone I know might do... but then again, who knows, maybe I will share it soon? If you are a blogger, I am always looking for new blogs to read, so please, leave me a comment on any post and I would love to check out any of your blogs and follow them!

I have also just signed up to this site called Bloglovin which allows you to read blogs on there, so you can sign up and read this one up there, or just read loads of others from around the world. 

You can check mine out here- if you'd like: 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12515931/?claim=j9zh6u2trbt">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12515931

Lots of love



No comments:

Post a Comment