Sunday 6 July 2014

Massive Winter Beauty Haul- Make-up



I seem to have subconsciously picked up a bit of a Rimmel obsession! I didn't even realise it as I bought these, but looking at everything now, most of the make-up I bought is Rimmel. I do think it is a great brand, every product I have used from there has never disappointed so far, so I think I have just grown to trust the brand a lot. So here is the make-up the I picked up.

RIMMEL LONDON- MATCH PERFECTION: LIGHT PERFECTING RADIANCE FOUNDATION (SHADE 200- SOFT BEIGE)
I am not going to go on too long about this foundation because I have fairy recently obsessed over both this, and the Rimmel Pressed Powder in a recent post (I think it was my March favourites), but this foundation is so good. I am always wanting to try new make-up products, so when my second bottle finished, I tried a new one and was so disappointed in comparison, so was very pleased to go back to this! The shade is perfect for me, which is very convenient and is is a good medium coverage and stays on all day! It is also pretty decently priced, which is always a pro. 

RIMMEL LONDON- STAY MATTE: LONG-LASTING PRESSED POWDER (SHADE 004- SANDSTORM) 
Same story, I couldn't possibly recommend this more, and could spend all day posting about how good it is- good coverage, long-lasting, not too flaky and so on, but long story short, this is an excellent powder, give it a try! 


RIMMEL LONDON- LASTING FINISH SOFT COLOUR BLUSH (SHADE 190- CORAL) 
I was in real need of a blush... I have never really had more than one or maybe 2 blushes at a time, and tend to just use the same one until it runs out and then switch to another. Buut, I recently just got a bit sick of the one I was using, because it is like a baby pink, which is fine and all, but I just decided I wanted to try a more corally colour, so I thought I'd give this a try. 


MAYBELLINE: THE FALSIES- VOLUME EXPRESS MASCARA
This is by far the best mascara that I have used, and I keep trying to get away from it and try something new, but it's so good that I know that it won't disappoint me. This is just the plain original mascara of their The Falsies line, and it's my fav of the range too. 


RIMMEL LONDON- STAY MATTE: DUAL ACTION CONCEALER (SHADE 040- SOFT BEIGE) 
Before this I was using a Clinique concealer, which I did enjoy, but it was a more liquidy one, I don't know if that makes sense, but it wasn't like this one, because this is essentially what I would call a blemish stick or a concealer crayon, whereas my old one was like in a little tube. This concealer is medium coverage, which I think is perfect over a coat of foundation and so on... it also works very nicely with the Rimmel foundation and powder I showed you earlier :) 


REVLON: PHOTOREADY- TRANSLUCENT ILLUMINATOR
I have been eyeing this for a long time now, but it is pretty expensive for a highlighter and so have never taken the plunge until now, but I'm so glad I did, because it is so good. It looks so nice on top of your blush/bronzer/powder as a last little finish and I just use it to highlight the top of my cheekbones, under my eyes and along my jaw bone. It is practically white (the photo makes it looks a lot more flesh coloured than it actually is). It is super good for contouring, especially if you use it together with a bronzer. The brush they give you isn'y my favourite, but otherwise I'm very happy with this. 


ESSENCE- EYEBROW DESIGNER PENCIL (SHADE 04- BLONDE)
I usually try to avoid this brand because their make-up is very cheap, which worries me a little in terms of quality, but, I feel like for an eyebrow pencil, there's not much that can go wrong, plus after looking for the right colour for like 20 mins, I found this which is perfect, so I thought I might as well give it I try. I've only used it once, because I bought it yesterday, but so far so good! 


RIMMEL LONDON- EXAGGERATE WATERPROOF EYE DEFINER (SHADE 261- NOIR)
When my Yardley London eye liner, pretty much exactly like this one, ran out, I very almost just bought the same one again, and then thought that maybe I'd give another eye pencil a try. This is very similar, but I do prefer it because it is slightly more waterproof but is still very smudgy, which is what I wanted, and also had a smudger on the back, which is always very handy! 


So there you have it! Hope you enjoy some of these as much as I am! The last thing I want to pick up that I haven't yet is a good bronzer! Do any of you know a good one that I could give a try? 


No comments:

Post a Comment