Sunday 18 January 2015

Christmas/New Year Make-up & Beauty Haul

I wasn't quite sure exactly what to name this post, cause some of these items I bought and others were christmas gifts, but either way, I just thought I'd show you some of the things I've got recently that I have really been loving!

Starting with make-up first:
So these first few things were all Christmas gifts from my parents. I love Mac make-up so much, but it is so bloody expensive, so I was so excited when I saw my mom had spoilt me  with some items I've been wanting for ages! 


MAC 'REDD' LIPLINER PENCIL
I've been wanting a red lipliner for ages, because it makes it SO much easier to apply red lipstick perfectly and I think, just give the lip a fuller look. I don't usually use lip liners, but after hearing so many people recommending using a lipliner for a red lip, I thought I'd give it a try, and it's definitely worth it! I love this lipliner, it comes out nicely, very pigmented and a beautiful bright red colour. 

PEACH BLOSSOM CREMESHEEN MAC LIPSTICK
I have wanted a very pretty pink lipstick for quite some time, and have never really had one. I initially wanted to give 'Angel' a try, cause it is so popular, but it was sold out, so I got this one, and it is just such a pretty, everyday pink colour, and so easy and smooth to apply. 

'CORK' - MAC SATIN EYESHADOW 
It looks quite a bit lighter in the picture than it actually is, it is a light, almost matte pretty brown colour, which I like to use in my crease and sometimes just below the eye too. It lasts for the whole day and is such a pretty, subtle colour. 

Next were two items I ordered off Feel Unique, because sadly they aren't sold in SA, so they needed to be ordered online.... they took their sweet time, but yay, I've finally got them and I am loving them both SO much!



MAYBELLINE 24 HR COLOUR TATOO IN 'ON-AND-ON BRONZE'
Unfortunately, even the swatch doesn't show how stunning this colour is! It is a shimmery bronze colour, that just comes out so beautifully! I LOVE this product and can't wait to get to ordering other colours in the range. They are so easy to apply and on most days, I will literally just swipe this across my lids with my Mac 217 and not add anything else except mascara and you're set for the day. It makes it look like you've put a lot more effort in than you actually have, the pigment is great, and my favourite thing about this product, is that it lasts SO LONG. If I put it on in the morning, when I get home late at night, it will still be on just as well as how it was applied! I highly recommend this product, and it is also very affordable. 

REAL TECHNIQUES SETTING BRUSH (PINK)
Finally, I have found the perfect shape, firmness and brand of brush for concealer. I have been struggling to find one the right size for what I want to blend in concealer, particularly under the eyes and T-zone, but this brush is perfect, and I am really loving it. 

Then lastly, there were just a couple of others I bought over the Christmas and new year period.


WOOLWORTHS EYELASH CURLER
Just a basic eyelash curler, but so far so good!

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY CREAM BLUSH IN #20 'PEACH SATIN'
This is my first time trying a cream blush and I am enjoying it quite a bit, what I really like, is that it does tend to last a lot longer than a powder. I think this peachy pink, is such a pretty colour for summer, and it is so quick and easy to apply. 

And now onto a few beauty items I've bought/recieved recently.

Okay, so I've gone through a bit of a Body Shop-obsessed phase recently and picked up a couple of good old shower gels and body butters, fuse you can never have too many of those, right?


HONEYMANIA SHOWER GEL
My brother gave me this for christmas and I am so excited to have it because this is my all-time favourite scent that The Body Shop do! Seriously, if you haven't tried it, give it a sniff next time you're there, it's amazing!

SWEET LEMON SHOWER GEL
I bought this mainly because I used to love the Sweet Lemon scent and I thought they'd discontinued it, as I haven't seen it there for years, and now suddenly, it's popped back up, but only in shower gel form. So in fear that it might not come back again, I bought it, and it smells SO delicious and fresh. 

FROSTED CRANBERRY BODY BUTTER (Christmas range)
I always love to see what the christmas scents are and this year this cranberry one was one of them, and it smells so good, so I picked it up, because I've just about finished my last body butter. 

and lastly one last shower gel (another gift) VANILLA CREME BRULE SHOWER GEL (Christmas range). I was so happy to get this for christmas from one of my aunts, because it is also one of the christmas scents and you can't go wrong with vanilla! I've actually not used it yet (clearly I have a huge over-supply of shower gels) but I plan to give it a try soon!


I have been loving the Lush christmas range and my other brother bought me the SNOW FAIRY SHOWER GEL which is SO amazing, and I have never tried it before but have had my eye on it for ages, so I was so pleased to finally get to try it. It literally smells like sweets and candy floss, and while it is a bit sweet for everyday, I use it every now and then, and it is pink and shimmery and just so lovely! Not to mention that all lush products are always packed with good oils and things for your skin.

And the last beauty thing I bought recently is the JOHNSONS REFRESHING GEL FACE WASH. This has a really fresh and subtle smell, and I am enjoying it. For me, it still doesn't quite beat the Nivea Daily Essentials Face Wash, but comes in a close second. 

So that's it for all the make-up and beauty sort of things I've got over the past few months. 
Hope this helps if you've been wanting to try any of these products or, if nothing else, maybe just gets you inspired to do some shopping soon :D 

PS: I just want to add that I am sadly already back at varsity and have been for a week, and I hate that I have posted so little in December and January. I have lots of ideas for posts, so even though work is very hectic just for this first month of varsity, I'm still hoping that I can keep some posts going!



No comments:

Post a Comment