Monday 6 April 2015

March Favourites 2015

I haven't done a favourites post in ages, and that's mostly due to the fact that most of the things I've been loving recently are old favourites that I've raved on about on this blog for years, but in the last month or two, there have been some things I have been absolutely loving throughout the summery months, and before autumn comes and goes in a second, I wanted to post on some of my favourites from the last couple of months!

MAKE-UP AND BEAUTY FAVOURITES

REVLON COLOURBURST LIP BUTTER- TUTHI FRUTI
I am a loyal fan of these Revlon lip butters as they are smooth and creamy, but still highly pigmented, long-lasting, and have a very pretty array of colours. I ended up with this shade by chance actually... I had asked my mom to buy me one in the shade 'Juicy Papaya' for my birthday, as I'd had it before, run out, and absolutely loved it! But they were out of stock, so she got me this one instead, and I have to say, I am really enjoying it! It is a fairly bright, vibrant orange colour, however, what I like is that it is still muted enough to look good and not too bold on an every day basis. I just love these lip butters, and can't wait to build up my collection and try more of their shades. 


MAYBELLINE 24HR COLOUR TATOO EYE SHADOW- 'ON-AND-ON-BRONZE'
You may have seen me post about this in my new year's haul post, but I felt the need to tell you all about it again, because I am obsessed with it! In the last few months, I literally haven't used anything on my eye except this, or a another eye product I've been loving that I'll write about just now.... I think my favourite thing about this eye product is that it really does last the 24 hours it promises. It is SO long-lasting and stays put the whole night, which is always something I look for in a good eye product. I love this shade as well, a bronzy-pink colour that is so pretty, and a tiny bit goes a long way, so I see this little pot lasting a super long time as well. 


MAC PRO-WEAR SATIN EYESHADOW- 'CORK'
This is such a beautiful matte brown colour, and has quickly become one of my staples. I love just using a little bit along my lash line, or in my crease. It is great quality, long-lasting and while it is pretty pricey for a little pot, it is definitely good quality for money. 


REAL TECHNIQUES SETTING BRUSH- by Sam and Nic Chapman
I ordered this with the hope to use it as a concealer brush, and it is the perfect size, shape and quality for concealer blending. I absolutely love this brush, it is soft, the bristles stay put, is washes easily and is the perfect size as a concealer brush. This is my first realTechniques brush I've had, and I am so impressed, I can't wait to try out some more!


DERMALOGICA 'CLEAR START'- EMERGENCY SPOT FIX
After trying out a few samples of this stuff, I had to buy a proper tube, because it is really a miracle worker for spots and blemishes. This stuff is perfect for those times when your skin just seems to have a tantrum and break out everywhere possible. For so long, I have just piled my face with concealer to hide it, but since I've discovered this stuff, it literally clears my skin out completely within a week and makes it feel a lot healthier. You don't use it everyday, but rather when your skin seems like its about to break out or in smaller problem areas. It is so good and always works 100% for me as it is very strong and anti-bacterial. 


ESSIE NAIL POLISH- 'BORROWED AND BLUE'
I posted this is a favourites last year sometime, but recently whenever I reach for a colour to paint my nails, I just always find myself choosing this one! It is just the prettiest light baby blue colour that goes with almost everything. I also love it because of its amazing quality! It lasts at least a week without chipping, paints on smoothly without any streaks and isn't too thick or clumpy. 



GENERAL FAVOURITES

MOVIES
There have been so many great movies I have watched recently, but I will just tell you about  3 (very different) ones that I absolutely loved: 

1) STILL ALICE
This is super sad but such a genuine and captivating movie! Julianne Moore is so brilliant in this, and it is definitely a movie to put on the list, definitely worth a watch as it is so heart-warming, touching and is a true display of amazing acting an directing!

2) THE IMITATION GAME
This is definitely one of my new all-time favourites and I have watched it a few times already. Benedict Cumberbatch and Kiera Knightly are so amazing in it, and the whole story-line, history, cinematography and cast are just all-together brilliant!

3) STUCK IN LOVE
Looking for something a little lighter? This is a cheesy rom-com done well, and I really loved every second of it. The cast is amazing and so lovable, not to mention my complete girl-crush on Lily Collins. It is original and cute and perfect for a Friday night in with a huge bowl of popcorn. 


TV SERIES
In have become absolutely obsessed with Girls recently- I had been wanting to watch it for ages now, as I always hear it being called for nominations for Emmies and Golden Globes and the works, so I finally gave it a try and it is amazing! Lena Dunham is hilarious and really makes the show! It is so good, so definitely worth a watch! 


So that's it for my monthly favourites, let me know if you give any of these a try and love them as much as I do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment